On 27 January 2023 on the territory of the FGBU "Training Centre for Russian National Teams "Ozero Krugloe" (Dmitrovsky District, Moscow Region, v. Agafonikha) the Russian Paralympic Committee held anti-doping seminars for athletes, coaches and specialists of the Russian National Wheelchair Fencing Team.
The seminars included the following topics:
- Types of anti-doping rule violations. List of banned substances and methods.
- Therapeutic use of prohibited substances and methods in sport. Risks of using dietary supplements.
- Submission of whereabouts information to ADAMS.
- Doping control procedure. Rights and obligations of athletes and athlete personnel.
- Results management. Liability for anti-doping rule violation.
- Role of parents and coaches in the process of building anti-doping culture.
A total of 42 members of the Russian National team, including 30 athletes and 12 coaches and specialists took part in the seminars. Seminars were conducted by RPC specialists, who passed a comprehensive training and received RUSADA certificates authorizing them to implement informational and educational programs on doping prevention in sport. RPC handouts with information on anti-doping rules were given to all seminar participants.
The RPC seminars were held within the framework of the RPC Education Anti-Doping Programme, which was updated in 2021 in accordance with the requirements of the new WADA World Anti-Doping Code and WADA International Standard for Education